We are the Champions

Welcome to our blog...we hope our journey of faith encourages yours.

Sunday, August 09, 2009

Celebration of Chris's Life

There will be a celebration of Chris's life next Saturday. The details are below. As hard as it is, I remember how much Chris enjoyed when we celebrated his fathers life. Chris said that all he could do was smile seeing how many people loved and admired his dad. It gave Chris great joy. I pray for the same celebration in the midst of the sorrow. All are welcome of course, there will be time to share if you desire to.

Chris Champion Memorial
Saturday, August 15th, 2009 2pm
The Oaks Community Church
10200 Campus Park Drive
Bakersfield, Ca 93311
661-663-3888

In Lieu of Flowers please send donations to:

The Way Fellowship
Chris Champion Memorial
Missions Fund
PO Box 10717
Bakersfield, Ca 93389

4 comments:

Gregg Schultz said...

I was going down an unfortunate spiritual path until God awakened my heart through Chris. I will sadly be unable to attend the celebration of Chris's life, but -if you ever have the time- you can read about the story of how God used Chris saved me from a life of sulking in what I brought upon myself, saved me from a life of blaming God instead of trusting in him.

If the following link doesn't work, then simply go to Chris's facebook page. It will mention a "Note" written about him. Here's the link: http://www.facebook.com/note.php?saved&&suggest&note_id=136236050476#/note.php?note_id=136236050476&ref=mf

You all are in my prayers.

-Gregg Schultz

Unknown said...

I cant help but weep as I think of John and Dawn and their lovely family, who were such an inspiration to me personally for so many years in Qatar and still Dawn continues to be.. I dont know what to say but all I can say is, there is definately a plan and purpose for God to allow this, John and Chris will live on in our memories till we meet on that distant shore...My heart felt condolences to You Dawn a true Champion of the Lord and to you Miheila, and Dan for being there for your Mom.
"THE LORD IS YOUR SHEPHERD ALWAYS, WILL BE.....
God bless always..
love , Adrian Hubelorna and family.

Unknown said...

Chris, thank you for showing me all the things that really matter in life. I never really knew you in high school, but when you left, something in me changed. You don't know it, but you saved my life.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.