We are the Champions

Welcome to our blog...we hope our journey of faith encourages yours.

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Word from a friend

I am to tired to think to write what is going on so I am going to cheat and use the words of my dear friend Rille and the e-mail she has faithful been sending out.

Dear Sweet Friends of Chris and the Champion Clan,

Even though so many of you who read and pray for this family, have never met them, you are indeed their friends. Your prayers and encouragement have been a sweet offering and they are mindful of them. For those of you who write, I have taken to reading some of these e-mails over Chris in the belief that he is encouraged by your words of hope and faith and love....
1 Corinthians 13:13 (New International Version)


13And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Although Chris remains on life-support he has survived the first 33 hours very well. He had 3 more procedures last night that added a multitude of tubes, tape and incisions. Its hard to see him like this, but his sweet face looks peaceful despite the medical horror of it all. He has a fever that brings a rosy flush to his cheeks and although not ideal, it remains under control. I enjoy holding his hand or stroking his cheek... something he would never let me do if he were awake... infact I wouldn't even consider it... sorry Foos! He is never left alone as one of his dear ones stands, sits or sleeps constantly in the room. The hospital which normally allows only 1-2 close family members at a time has granted us favor and sometimes there have been up to 6 of us in the ICU.


Please continue to pray, there are many who have received God's peace regarding his healing. I know his sweet Emily has. She diligently watches the many monitors, knows every number on the many screens and speaks calmly and quietly to Chris... never waive ring in her hope for a future with him. She usually will be found on the cot in his room sleeping soundly through the visitors, the nurses, the lights and machines.. then waking cheerful and ready to pray and encourage! Please pray for those of us called to minister to our friend Dawn. Her mother's heart is tender and so raw and she misses John so much. I really don't know how she manages to match her shoes in the morning, but she does. I know she is sad and I don't know how to help her really, you can pray for that... how do you support someone in such a long long struggle?

The nurses back up in the Step Down Unit on the 5th Floor all signed a card to Chris that came today. They thanked him for his Godly example to them during the nearly 2 weeks he was there and are all praying for him to return. When you leave the ICU, that is where you go (Step Down Unity) before you go home. It was really sweet... there are so many stories. Before Chris was unconscious, this was one of the e-mails I read to him. It came from a 23 year old friend of mine and in the middle of a struggle to breathe and mask on his face he said "Wow!"

"I am praying. My heart is heavy tonight, but trusting completely in the Lord. I have never even officially met Chris, but since you have started sending these emails, I have been praying for him, and I can honestly say that his life and faith have changed mine forever. May God continue to have the glory in Chris's life. How sweet and amazing it is that Chris is willing to sacrifice his health and even his life for God's glory. What an inspiration. I know I am only one of many many lives that have been changed by his and his family. I am praying that God holds you ALL close tonight--giving you ALL a peace that truly transcends understanding. Thanks for the updates."

Thanks for reading this rather long e-mail, but mostly thanks for being out there... forwarding it and praying.

With love,
Rille

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dawn,

We continue to keep you, Chris, and your family in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

To Chris' Family and Friends:

I haven't known Chris in person, but I have talked with him through his blog and other various ways for about 6 years now. My name is Sarah and Chris and I talked last about a week ago. I live in Texas and found Chris' blog through a mutual friend. At any rate, we have a connection both through faith and health struggles. I just want you to know that I am praying, and I have my friends and family praying. My heart is heavy right now for what you are going through as his close family and friends. Writing this doesn't seem to be enough right now but I know that God is faithful. So, I will ask for God to bring everyone strength and healing to Chris' body.

2 Cor. 5:7,

Sarah

Sarah

Unknown said...

To all the Champions

I pray that Chris gets better soon. I know that God is watching over him and is holding him in His hands. He has also blessed your family with all the people all over the world who are praying and keeping you in their thorts. I wish there was more i could do, but at such a distance i feel that all i can do is keep you all in my thorts and prayers every day!

Gods strength to all!
Cindy

Aunt Connie said...

Dawn,

We have had Chris on our minds, hearts, and prayers all week here in Qatar. I long to see him again, healthy, smiling and joyful. For you also, we will never stop asking for strength against all attack and joy, even in the midst of this. Chris has a Hope. It is all of ours, too. Now healing too, Lord.

Dave and Connie

Unknown said...

Dawn,
Our sincere love and fervent prayers for Chris are heard by God. We are standing in the gap with you sister and lifting all you "CHAMPIONS" up to Jesus. Much love,
Lori

Kathy Vochoska said...

Dearest Dawn, Mihaela, Dan and all Chris's family and friends,

There are so many of us who are praying for you and struggling to know just what to say or do. Consider this email as a warm, comforting hug of love to each one of you. I so pray that God would just overwhelm you with His Presence, His Peace and His uncomparable Comfort. I'm thankful that the Holy Spirit intercedes for us in situations as this when we truly don't know how to express our prayers and emotions to our Lord. With a heavy heart for all of of you and praying for Chris and each one of you.

Warmly in Him,

Kathy Vochoska

Adzel said...

As we all pray as one, united for Chris... all I see is the light behind all these experiences. God's presence and will is shining all upon us. Chris and the Champion's are bringing more people to Christ again even on this struggles. I said before, as I pray more for the Champions or for other poeple, the more I get closer to God...I'm sure this is true to all of us. Thank you Champions. You guys are truly blessed. If only to bear more fruit in life, one has to suffer... as Christ has to die to save us. Who are we not to submit to his will? Knowing Christ sufferings makes my own struggles lighter. The Champions are great examples for this.

My heart goes to the Champions and I will continue to pray for healing, wisdom and strength from the Holy Spirit, to annoint them with holy oil.

I love you guys.

Love in Him,
Adzel

Anonymous said...

Dear Dawn and family,

Our hearts are hurting for you! May God, in His infinite wisdom and grace, be the Great I AM for all of you today - PTL, God is enough!!!

Our love and prayers are with you!

Don and Verna Brust