We are the Champions

Welcome to our blog...we hope our journey of faith encourages yours.

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Faith like Potatoes

Each day has so many challenges. There is no doubt that it is easier to doubt God than to trust Him, at least for me it takes such a force of the will to see the situation as it is and in the midst of it chose to trust God. This afternoon I took my dogs for a walk. I like to take them to some harvest fields near the house and let them run, chasing each other and a rabbit or two if they find them. Today it was near sunset and the fields had been harvested for potatoes. I was reminded of a really good movie I had just watched about a man named Angus Buchan, who is a farmer in South Africa, the story is wonderful and true.

Faith like Potatoes is the title because Angus, during a drought in South Africa, and after praying for rain, plants potato seeds. Even though it does not rain he trusts God and waits to harvest the crop. Sure enough, when the time comes to harvest, under the ground, where Angus could not see, the potatoes had grown.

I can not see what God is doing, but I am going to try to have faith like potatoes and trust God is doing something where I can not see. One of the quotes from the movie is "The condition for a miracle is difficulty. For a great miracle is impossibility". Amen

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Dear Daughter Dawn. I read this in a book called Footprints.

We must remember to listen closely to God's voice when trouble rages around us. When the agonies of life begin to crush us, God has not moved away from us. Often we have moved away from him. We need to return to him in faith and call on him for his strength.

Love - Dad

Anonymous said...

Dearest Dawn,
Our hope is built on onthing less than Jesus Christ, and His righteousness. Believing in Him to strength you all, never waivering, Love you dearly, Mark, Dee, Bethany

Anonymous said...

When I needed help with my son, John helped me. When I needed help with my family, again John was there. I wish there was more I could do. To this end, the latest news regarding Chris is positive. The conquering of the infection is an important development. The improvement in his lungs is also very good news. I know Chris is still in a battle but we will conquer one step at a time. My prayers and those of my family will always be with you, Chris, and the rest of your family! In Jesus' name we pray!

Unknown said...

Good Morning Dawn,
Your mother's heart and honesty come pouring forth in the midst of your daily challenges and struggles. Each and every one of us would find it much easier to doubt God as well, our flesh is just simply weak, our timing is not God's timing, and we see through rose colored glasses. You have FAITH sister, do not let the enemy tell you otherwise. God is building your Faith and you desire to trust Him through the process, now that is FAITH. Do not measure your faith by your emotions. They are fleeting, inconsistent, and unreliable. Your FAITH is solid Dawn, and your Father in heaven knows that. He understands, He see what you are going through, and He is pleased with you. We all join you in trusting God in our own struggles with doubt. May God's mercy and strength be with you as you trust in Him.
Lifting you and yours up in prayer,
Lori