We are the Champions

Welcome to our blog...we hope our journey of faith encourages yours.

Friday, March 21, 2008

Prayer in a Square


A dear friend from the Middle East days and I reconnected this week. It is funny how when you hear from someone you haven't seen in a while it just gives you such a sense of family - that knowing that no matter how long its been since you talked it just doesn't matter, you just begin where you are now.

She has a picture on her website that when I saw it I was totally captivated by it, it was exactly how I feel. So I just wanted to share it - people often ask how are you, this picture is how I am. Totally dependant upon prayer, boxed in by His love and yearning to hear from our God, submitted (or at least I try to be) to hearing from Him. I am sure if I move out of the box of His protection I will be overwhelmed.

"Whom have I in heaven but You? And earth has nothing I desire besides You. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever"
Psalm 73:25-26

1 comment:

Brookie Cookie said...

I was just messing around on my computer and listening to my iTunes when Third Day's "Cry Out To Jesus" came on. The chorus made me think of you and your family:

There is hope for the helpless, rest for the weary,
and love for the broken hearts.
There is grace and forgiveness, mercy and healing
He'll meet you wherever you are.

What really struck me is the last line "He'll meet you wherever you are".
God has continually touched your family and he will continue to do so. He has some amazing plans for Chris and his journey. So, whenever you're feeling stressed or a little anxious, I pray that you'll cry out to our God and he will truly meet you right then and there. You and your family are always in my prayers.