We are the Champions

Welcome to our blog...we hope our journey of faith encourages yours.

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Only Passing Through

I have just started a new study by Beth Moore called "Stepping up", a study of the Psalms of Ascent. It is such a timely study for me. I am doing it along with 3 other ladies who have been my rock through all of the trials over the last year or so. One of the statements Beth makes is:

"We need to change perspective, that whatever we are going through is not where we are staying, we are only passing through"

Oh Yah! That statement really speaks to my heart. We are only passing through, this life, these trials are only temporary, and believe me I can not wait for the time when I can see the end result, either here in this life or in heaven.

Chris is struggling through this week. It has been difficult as the combination of the chemo and radiation has taken a heavy toll on his body. Today he had a nose bleed that would not stop for a long time - I was almost worried we would have to go to the hospital. But after calmly praying over him, it did stop. His blood counts are very low - so he is what we call a boy in the bubble. We have to be very careful to keep any source of infection away from him and then to top it off he has had a fever. So we have been trusting our God, and for me praying for the "passing through" of this trial.

The good thing for today was doing the study, hearing and really being excited to move into a new level with the Lord, and seeing God restoring Chris, answered prayer for the fever and nose bleed. Might seem like small things, but it is a delight to acknowledge the Lord for His provision.
~ Blessings, Dawn

1 comment:

Katie said...

Dawn - you are such an inspiration! I praise God when he gives us a nugget to hang on to in tough times.