We are the Champions

Welcome to our blog...we hope our journey of faith encourages yours.

Monday, March 10, 2008

Oops, wrong product

Anyone who knows me well knows that I like to keep my house clean. It gives me pleasure to clean it all in one day, then I feel like I have accomplished something. Usually I like to clean on Monday's, so today after Chris finally woke up, I set to work. First I vacuumed, then cleaned bathrooms (always such fun) and then I thought, I'll not only vacuum the hardwood floor, I think I will polish and clean them too.

Well we have quite a bit of hardwood flooring. So I got out my hardwood floor cleaner and set to work. After I was done it looked really shiny, I thought wow this floor really looks nice when it is polished. So I tip toed around it, trying not to step on it until it dries. I waited and waited, touched it and realized it feels kind of oily. I didn't remember it being so oily last time I did it, and it was not drying. Hum, so I went to the spray bottle I used and guess what? It was not the polish for the hardwood floor but the furniture polish. Now, let me assure you, they are not the same thing. So I had very slippery oily floors, and was not to sure how to get it off. I am still working on that actually. I have tried to soak it up on swiffle dry floor dusters, clean it off with another floor cleaner and well I hope it eventually dries off. What a mess - and I only have myself to blame. Humbling really.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OOPS!! Sorry to hear of your dilema..sounds perfectly awful and DANGEROUS...Hope none of you slip and fall while this is all getting worked out.
Looking forward to seeing you this weekend and catching up...Tell the kids to get the WIE (spelling) ready!
See you SOON.
Love to all, Miss Sue

Anonymous said...

Sorry sweetheart, I only do windows.

Love ya - Dad