We are the Champions

Welcome to our blog...we hope our journey of faith encourages yours.

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankful

As I thought this morning about this day of giving thanks - it was easy to maybe complain to God, what is there to be thankful for today? But taking a moment to just remember my life I realized I am filled with gratitude, even though things are not as I would have ever imagined them, we as a family have so much to be praising our God for.

First, our lives. That we even were born is in the hands of our God, I am especially grateful for my sons and daughter. The miracle of their lives - the trust God placed on John and I to raise His precious children. I am grateful for my husband, for John, he has been my friend, my perfect match. We have been a team in pretty much everything we have done. I am grateful for all that God has blessed us with - great family, great friends, great churches, and abundance of love. Really we have so much to give gratitude for and these trial are something we give thanks for also, they have been used to refine us, to become more dependent upon our Lord.

Lord we give you praise and thank you for calling us to yourself. May our lives honor You.

2 comments:

Katie said...

*tears*

That was very moving! You have a beautiful family. Rich and I just took a walk with the boys, and I was saying that I am grateful for your family! :)

Anonymous said...

All of us have so much to be thankful for. We have so much more than we deserve. Having God in our lives is all we need.Thanks for always being so encouraging.
Love you guys.

Amy