We are the Champions

Welcome to our blog...we hope our journey of faith encourages yours.

Monday, November 17, 2008

God is our Hope

It is hard to even know where to begin with this prayer request. As we have walked this journey with so many of you and with our Lord, there have been times of great joy and times of uncertainty. We have tried through them all to give God all the Glory, and it is our wish to continue to do so. With that said, last Friday we learned that the tumor in John's head has again began to grow. It has begun to cross over from one side of the head to the other. In the natural this is not good news.

We are not giving up our hope, but are trying to be practical also. If it is the Lord's timing to call John home to himself, then we want to be prepared for that. However we still know that God is more than able to heal John. He is Faithful despite the circumstances. God seems to keep us close to Himself by not making that future knowledge known to us at this time.

We have sent the information to the doctor in Newport Beach who did the last radiation treatments which God used to give John at least the last 5 month. We ask that you continue praying for complete healing if that is the will of our God, for wisdom for all of us as we face some decisions, and especially for our children, Dan, Chris and Mihaela. John has been an awesome father and has lead his children with faith and integrity. May this be a time where they allow the Lord to bring comfort and peace. Dan is coming home for awhile.

Thanks for all your prayers and support. Without each of you we would be lost, it means so much to know that you care and love us. We love each of you also.

6 comments:

Katie said...

WE were praying over your family last night, and hope is what kept coming up. We are behind you all the way. I have really spent a lot of time praying over your family this past weekend--I had much time being home sick with my own. I will continue--whatever God has planned, to Him be the glory!

Brookie Cookie said...

Dawn,
You're family has been amazing to me in helping me get back on track with God. I am so grateful to all of you for your guidance. I love you all like a second family and I will continue to pray for John's healing. He healed Chris and He can heal John as well. I hope that you may have some Peace from the Lord as well as I am sure this is a very difficult time. You have been so strong through everything and I admire the strength that you have had and the Faith that you have kept in God. I would love to have a fast and then a prayer night with your family, let me know if you or John would like this.

Love and Prayer,
Brooke

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn,

We are praying for you & your family. What tough times we sometimes face. But His grace is sufficient for us. And His peace surpasses our understanding. That's what makes us different from the world. May God's perfect will for your lives be done.

Katie's Mom
(Debbie)

Anonymous said...

Last month, I heard that he was getting better, I called John and left a message a week ago. I am so soory to hear about his situation today. As a friend and co-worker of John, I and my wife will pray for him in Muscat, Oman.
John is very nice and very smart person. I did enjoy to work under him and exchanged our programs. I personally has no religion, but this time I will pray God to save him.

Eamon Zhang

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn, John... and the family...

This is Gwen and Geoff in Qatar. We were sorry to hear of this illness. Its the grace of God that most of us don't know when our time is up... but to have a conscious battle with illness is difficult no matter how you look at it. Our tenacity to live is built into us, and we know John will 'fight'. We pray that you'll all experience a great strengthening that will not fade whatever the outcome. This blog is already reaching out to others... 'Keep on keeping on'. Hugs from Qatar.

Anonymous said...

All of you are in my thoughts and prayers. I can't imagine how hard of a time this has been for all of you and I really hope things turn out for the best. Whatever it is that happens, that is what God has planned. John and Dawn, you both were so kind to me and offered guidance when I needed it. God will help and do what he needs, I'm sure of it. Hope all turns well. May comfort be upon all of you, especially in this time of need.

Love
Kelsey Thayer