We are the Champions

Welcome to our blog...we hope our journey of faith encourages yours.

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Evening of Prayer

There are events that happen that make you pause and realize just how precious the people are around you. People you may not see everyday or even talk to very often. But when need arises they step up and it's just as if they had been walking right beside you all the time. They are the hands, feet and mouth of Jesus - His love. Last night we experienced that love.

Friends from our sending church, The Oaks, our new church, The Way came over to spend a couple of hours praying over our family and over John specifically. It was an amazing time of worship and prayer and reading God's word. Each person had sacrificed their time to come and spend it with us - we were humbled and felt peace. It was such a beautiful demonstration of the special love we have one for another that Jesus says will cause people to look at us - His followers.

I think one of the most moving times during the prayer was when John was asked if he had anything to share and He kept repeating that this was not about him - but about Jesus. I just prayer that whatever the outcome of this journey John's desire will be fulfilled, that the name of Jesus will be Glorified in such a way that those who do not know Him will be drawn to Him.

5 comments:

Kier said...

Hi Champion Family, Wow am I touched by your words. You are still ana amazing testimony of our God through all this. Thank you for sharing what our God has done for your family through all this. He is still being glorified through all your lives. Thank you! It is what John had said that we see in your lives "about Him". We all that know you see it reflected in your lives. I know you may not see it sometimes, because you are living it, but people see. Please know our family is and will being praying for you, even though we missed the prayer time last night, we were there in our God's spirit. Your are an amazing family, and have touched mine and many lives with the love of God in and through you, and for that I am so thankful. I love the many scriptures many hae posted for you, and I echo them to you. Our hearts and love to you all this Thanksgiving season, and may you enjoy the wonderful time all together. Blessings,
Kier & family

Katie said...

I agree that it was a special time last night. I realize that we were there for John and your entire family, but I think everyone was encouraged last night and rejuvinated and ready to continue this fight. God's doing something special in your family right now--especially in Dan. I really sensed that last night, even before JB prayed. I don't know Dan, but I hope to get to know him better while he's here. Be encouraged today!

Love you guys!
Katie (Ex. 17)

Unknown said...

Hello there,
Nick and I are so sorry to have missed out on the incredible prayer time with your family. We would have been there on the drop of a dime if we would have known. As soon as we found out late last night, we interceded with you all and asked God for mercy and healing. Thank you for sharing your lives and testimony with us all. Your family has been an incredible source of inspiration and what it truly means to have faith in Jesus under all circumstances. John words are evidence of a life empowered by Jesus and they are a living example of what faith is. I aspire to be like more him. God bless you all and may you keep finding all you need in Him. "He is faithful and He will do it"
Happy Thanksgiving
Lori

Anonymous said...

Hello dear family

We love you dearly and know you are in our Lord's loving care. I know having Dan home is comforting.
Have a blessed Thanksgiving.

Say hello to Chuck and Sue and Carolyn for us.

Mom & Dad

Brookie Cookie said...

I know I have said this before, but you and you're family are such a great example of how we are here to glorify God, not ourselves. I have seen both Chris and John battle this horrible illness and I am always amazed how slefless they are and how they have always requested that somehow they could glorify God through all their suffering. I truly hope John's desire has been fulfilled because I believe that his journey has truly Glorified God and has shown many of us just how great our Lord is and how we are here to serve him, not ourselves. I continue to pray for all of you everyday and I thank you for leading by example.

Love and Many Prayers,
Brooke