We are the Champions

Welcome to our blog...we hope our journey of faith encourages yours.

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

A New Direction

Today John had the gamma knife procedure. This procedure was to stop the advance of the tumor. The area where the tumor is heading is radiated to stop it. The process went well, we started at 6am and got back to his dad's house about 2pm. The actual procedure only took 30 minutes, but all the prep took lots longer. The machine that does it is really amazing.

Part of the prep was to do a detailed MRI of John's brain which showed that the tumor was still spreading, the latest treatment was ineffective. The doctor we have met at Hoag Hospital, Dr Christopher Duma is really wonderful, seems to really care and gives a sense of peace with the new direction we believe God is opening. He suggests high dose radiation for the rest of the tumor, it is quite large now, and then follow up with surgery to remove what we hope will be a dead tumor.

As we know, it is all in our Lord's hands, we thank Him for the wonderful doctors He brings into our lives to care and treat John.
~ Blessings, Dawn

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dawn,

Natalie, the kids and I are all still contending in prayer. I tried to call, but I don't think I have the correct mobile for you - I did get John's voicemail on his phone. If you've got a new mobile, please send me an email - dnhess@pmbx.net - I would like to call.

Dave for all

Unknown said...

John,

I was led here by Ray. What a great site!

Seems as though it was only a short time ago that you and I were talking (alright maybe emailing) about this or that over at Oxy. Wanted to let you know that I've always thought you were a "killer dude" and in general a really thoughtful and genuine leader/mentor. Would have been fun to have worked for/with you over at Oxy and had some time to get to know you better.

We'll have to save that for when you're all better and Chevron does something crazy like buy Oxy!! :-)

Please know that you're in my thoughts and prayers.

Sincerely,
-Matt Bennett