We are the Champions

Welcome to our blog...we hope our journey of faith encourages yours.

Friday, April 04, 2008

A fair bit worse

Well that was how John put it after his brain scan today. I suppose we were not surprised, he has been having some physical symptoms that would indicate this is so. However, this just what we see physically, we are not going to be discouraged.

I was convicted today, through the voice of my hair dresser of all things, that we (our family at least) need to be proclaiming God's word verbally over our family every day. Proclaiming "in Christ" scriptures and not giving ground to the enemy and his attempts to defy the promises of God.

The next step medically from what I understand is for John not to do chemotherapy, but to take some sort of new treatment that is a blocker, which should not make him feel sick. So we will join that treatment with a new battle plan, the active, spoken, powerful word of God.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello Champion Family,
Nick and I will pray God's word with you and for you.
Lets start right away. Here are a few that I am sure you have read, but that God wants to reaffirm to you.

"For I will restore health to you, and heal you of your wounds, says the Lord." Jeremiah 30:17

"He sent His word and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions." Psalm 107:20

"The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want." Psalm 23:1

"My son, give attention to my words; Incline your ear to my sayings. Do not let them depart from your eyes; keep them in the midst of your heart; for they are life to those who find them, and health to all their flesh." Proverbs 4:20-22

"Your mercy O lord is in the heavens; your faithfulness reaches to the clouds." Psalm 36:5

"Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart, all you who hope in the Lord." Psalm 31:24

"Though I walk in the midst of trouble, You will revive me; You will stretch out Your hand against the wrath of my enemies and Your right hand will save me." Psalm 138:7

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." John 14:27

We love you all. Even though we don't get to see you anymore on Sunday's you remain in our thoughts and prayers. May the powerful peace and joy of Jesus fill you to overflowing as you continue to trust in Him and believe His promises for you. Blessings,
The Panici's
P.S. If there is ever anything we can do for you please don't hesitate to ask. We would be honored to help our friends/family in Christ

Brookie Cookie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brookie Cookie said...

Sunday Pastor Randy (Celebration Church in Fresno) was doing a sermon about the hand of God and I realized so much. In my young age and foolishness, I have underestimated God's hand and what he can do. I continually thought about Chris and John during this sermon and how, at the hand of God, wonders (miracles) can be achieved. I now firmly believe that God can remove this tumor from John's brain and he can and will completely restore his health, removing every ounce of cancer in his body. So, I pray to commission God's hand over this situation. It may have been a bit worse but this battle is definitely not over with and I will continue to trust in the Lord for healing for your family. You are always in my prayers!