We are the Champions

Welcome to our blog...we hope our journey of faith encourages yours.

Monday, March 05, 2007

Wycliffe Dinner Theater

God I want to thank you for your many blessings. Last week you sustained Chris and the rest of our family, help us not to take your provision for granted. It is hard to not always be asking for something, but I do want to acknowledge the Lord's hand in everything we do and experience.

Last night I went to a presentation by the Wycliffe Bible translators Dinner Theater. It was very enlightening to watch and it humbled me as to the task these dedicated people commit their lives to. They said that God's word has not been translated into over 2500 heart languages. Wow!! Makes me wish I was better at languages, but I pretty much failed at German in College, only passed by the grace of the teacher.

I would encourage you to take a look at their website, if for no other reason then to just be aware of those who are actively trying to fulfill the great commission of making God's word available to every tribe and nation.

http://www.wycliffe.org/

Chris is on his second week of Chemo, he starts a new treatment with new types of Chemo. We are praying for his body to continue to be completely healed, that the treatment will not cause him to be sick and that his bladder will be protected, (this chemo can cause bladder damage). Last week he did well, he felt great on the weekend and did a Lord of the Rings marathon with some of his friends. Yikes that takes almost 12 hours to do all 3 movies. They started with the extended versions and realized that would take forever.

Thanks for your continued prayers, blessings, Dawn

3 comments:

Bob Creson said...

Thanks, for these kind words about Wycliffe, Dawn, and for your advocacy for our dinner theaters and website. I'll be praying for Chris.

Bob Creson, President, Wycliffe USA
bob_creson@wycliffe.org

Anonymous said...

hey! uhh just to let you guys know my phone charger got chewed up by my puppy (and it was in my back pack!) so im screwed on phone for now until i figure something out, but ill try to get ahold of you in some way shape or form. love!

dan

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.