We are the Champions

Welcome to our blog...we hope our journey of faith encourages yours.

Monday, March 09, 2009

Don't ride the roller coaster

As we have gone through the last week, it has been up and down, up and down, especially for me personally. Without John everything is so much harder, but God is still in control. We had prayed for clarity for treatment options. We felt the first one was the one, but apparently that was not God's plan. It is sometimes so hard, feeling like you are on the right track, but having the door closed as Chris said. But we must trust that our prayers are being answered, that the right plan is still to come and that not being able to do the one we hoped is not a loss.

John used to always say we can not ride the roller coaster, that we must stay focused on the Lord and that He is steadfast, our Rock. I have to admit I have failed over the last week, I hope to do better. Several times I have heard the words, "be still and know that I am God". Lord help me be still, especially in my mind.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Dawn,
I specifically remember you telling me that John said you can't ride the roller coaster. What an awesome treasure that must be for you to cling too and to recall in times like this. You think you have failed, but God is bigger than your feelings and He has not failed. You are in Him and He is in you, so YOU HAVE NOT FAILED. Jesus knows your heart and He understands your feelings. Feelings are nothing more than fleeting emotions that Jesus completely understands. I am praying for you sister. I will pray that the Lord helps you to be still and know that HE is God and that your mind will be filled with His peace.
Love,
Lori

Kim Safina said...

Precious Dawn,

Please read Chris' blog. I added some information I thought you might be interested in reading.
Dr. Lorraine Day!!!
www.drday.com
She reversed her severe advanced cancer by rebuilding her immune system.
Praying for ALL of you and Uplifting you with Compassion!
Kim Safina
http://www.kimsafinathejourneycontinues.blogspot.com