We are the Champions

Welcome to our blog...we hope our journey of faith encourages yours.

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Next step

Tomorrow Chris is going to have another surgery. I will let you ready his blog as to what that entails. http://kooseefoo.com/?q=node/154.

I must confess that the last couple of days have been very difficult, it seems the weight of all that has happened over the last 6 weeks is finally crashing upon me. But having said that, it has also made me search deep, to find the peace that only the Lord can give. Yesterday I spend some time praying in the sanctuary of our church (the sending church of our church plant). As I tried to keep focused I really wanted to hear John's voice, to have his comfort. That has made much of this even harder I think, not having him to walk with me, feeling alone. But I could hear him tell me to "Place it in Jesus hands, He will take care of it all". It was not a audible voice, just a voice in my spirit.

So tomorrow we walk it to this surgery, placing it in Jesus hands, that's where it was anyway, and trusting Him to bring us, Chris through. With Jesus all things are possible, He is mighty to save.

2 Chronicles 20:7-9

7 Our God, did you not drive out the inhabitants of this land before your people Israel and give it forever to the descendants of Abraham your friend? 8 They have lived in it and have built in it a sanctuary for your Name, saying, 9 'If calamity comes upon us, whether the sword of judgment, or plague or famine, we will stand in your presence before this temple that bears your Name and will cry out to you in our distress, and you will hear us and save us.'


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Dawn,
I wish you didn't have to experience any of this. I know it must be surreal and as you wrote difficult. I am so sorry. My heart is saddened and my resolve to keep you and the kids in prayer is strong. We are praying especially for God's healing on Chris. I know he had surgery today and we asked God for Divine intervention to be with him and you all. Keep the faith sister. God is near to the brokenhearted and He has placed upon us the desire to intercede on your behalf and for His glory. We know not what you are personally experiencing, but we do know our God's promises to never leave us or forsake us. You are so loved by God and He will continue to meet you minute by minute and step by step, even when you don't feel it. You will not be overcome, but you will overcome with the victory that is in Him. We cling to His mercies and promises with you.
Much love,
Lori

Unknown said...

Dawn -

It's Sunday morning and I'm just now reading your post from Thursday. Know that even though the surgery is passed, you, Chris, the family, and the doctors are in my prayers.

May our Father, the God of all comfort, make his presence so very near.

With prayers,
Daniel

Anonymous said...

Hey,
Words cannot express how deeply and truly sorry I am to hear of what has happened with John and Chris. I read Chris' blog about an hour ago, and hope that everything gets better. Your heart is hurting, that is very clear. God is there beside you and while I haven't talked to you in many years, I care deeply about you and your family and you all continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. My condolences, Dawn. I really hope God brings you the support and comfort you need the most right now. As I hope all your friends and family, and other loved ones stay close to you as well.

Love,
Kelsey Thayer