We are the Champions

Welcome to our blog...we hope our journey of faith encourages yours.

Monday, November 26, 2007

San Fransisco Street Light

Years ago my father gave me a street lamp from San Fransisco that my Grandfather had that is supposedly from the time before the San Fransisco 1906 Earthquake. It is copper and probably originally was gas. I had it for a long time, and then my father took it back because I had not done anything with it. Well last summer my father returned it to me, he had cleaned it up and put it back together. A friend of mine, Duke saw it in the garage and offered to finish it. He did an amazing job of mounting it and putting the glass and light kit in it, as well as some soldiering. Today he delivered it to me. I am so grateful to him, what a blessing. It looks pretty cool in my backyard. Thanks Duke and Dad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely thing your street light is! Cannot wait to see it at Christmas time.
Keep us posted on what is going on up there..
Our love, S. and C.

Anonymous said...

Looks awesome Dawn. I remember that thing clear back when we all lived on Ventura Street. I hope things are going well for you.
Take Care!
Steph