We are the Champions

Welcome to our blog...we hope our journey of faith encourages yours.

Friday, October 26, 2007

Farewell Sweet Girl


This morning John and I had to take our sweet Taco to be put to sleep. She had been ill for the last 6 weeks or so and it finally was obvious that she was in pain. It is so tender how God gives us precious pets to love and care for, they truly become a part of who you are. Taco was often a brat, but we loved her for her spunky willfulness.

I do wonder if our pets will be in Heaven with us. I know they have no soul, but I firmly believe that animals are if not in Heaven certainly on the New Earth. Otherwise where did that white horse Jesus rides in on come from? Also there are some interesting verses in Genesis when God makes covenant with Noah.

"I will demand an accounting from every animal" Gen. 9: 5

"I now establish my covenant with you and with your descendants after you and with every living creature that was with you-the birds, the livestock and all the widl animals, all those that came out of the ark with you-every living creature on earth" Gen 9:9

Taco, you were a faithful companion, you gave us unconditional love (how often should we be more like our pets?) We will miss you greatly sweet girl.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

dear ones...
how sad i am to check your blog (as i try to daily) and see that sweet taco has departed our family! i shall miss her loving presence,wagging tail and big brown eyes..i am sure shakespear will also miss her company. know my thoughts are with you as you adjust to life without that "sweet girl".
only have one hand that works as other has no fingers that operate and is in a cast for a month. so excuse the lack of capitol letters. just too hard to cope with. take care. much love..

Cyndi said...

Oh guys, I'm so sorry to hear about Taco. She was a really good dog.
~Cyndi

Emily said...

Aw... Taco... =( I have no words. Poor thing. At least you guys gave her a great life. =)

Anonymous said...

Taco, like our Bailey are waiting for us on the Rainbow Bridge

http://rainbowsbridge.com/Poem.htm


Keyes Family

Brookie Cookie said...

ahhh....I'm sorry to hear about Taco :(
She was an awesome pet...
I'll miss her and i'm sure you huys will too...
Hopefully she'll be greeting you in heaven and John can watch her light up when he says "Where's the birdie?"

Love,
Brooke