We are the Champions

Welcome to our blog...we hope our journey of faith encourages yours.

Friday, June 19, 2009

Would be 28 years

Tomorrow would have been John and my 28th anniversary. I confess I am very sad that we were not able to spend many more years together. I still sometimes think John will walk through the door after work, I miss him so much.

On another note, Chris is slowly getting better. He has good days and bad days, but through them all he has a good attitude. We are starting to work on him being able to sit on the side of the bed. He is still so weak, but slowly getting stronger. I just give thanks each day for his life, for the opportunity to be available to help and love him through it all. We have been reading the devotion book "Heaven", and it has so encouraged us both. Especially missing John and knowing that he truly is in heaven and that we will one day join him for eternity. I am especially excited about the new earth, this earth restored to how God originally planned and created it. How wonderful it will be.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

{{{HUGS}}}

Anonymous said...

Dawn-

Today IS your anniversary - John's spirit lives on and your faith will always bind you two together.

Happy Anniversary and God Bless You.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Dawn! Thinking of you alot alot today.Hugs and
Sending fathers day wishes to John in heaven as well. What a good example he was to his kids. I am sure he is looking down on you all and is proud of his family.What a inspirational family you all are.
Love you all very much. Praying for comfort and love and understanding and peace especialyl on the harder days.

Love Amy

Kim Safina said...

The Journey Continues~

Amen!

With "Heaven Bound" blessings,
Kim & my "3" boys
Dave,David,Mike