We are the Champions

Welcome to our blog...we hope our journey of faith encourages yours.

Thursday, January 10, 2008

I am your hope...

As I sat and praying this morning, "I am your hope..." was the overwhelming word I got from our Lord. It has been one of the most unsettling weeks of our life. We knew going into it that there was going to be huge challenges emotionally. It is hard to believe after living through each day that today we can still find joy.

Yesterday, Wednesday, Chris had his doctors appointment. It was filled with disappointment and praise. Disappointment that the cancer has returned, praise that it is not in his lungs and that we will not have to amputate his leg. To get a clear picture it is best to read Chris's blog at www.kooseefoo.com. We are so grateful for the strength that Chris has going into a new challenge. However make no mistake, until the surgery, we will still be contenting for our God to intervene and bring about complete healing. He is Jehovah Rapha

Today, Thursday, John had his appointment, remember I said this is quite the week. Unfortunately the new chemo he was doing over the last month was totally ineffective. So we switch to a new one again. This is of course a big disappointment also, but the praise is that the new chemo is reported to be easier to take. We pray that will be true.

Now for a huge blessing in the midst of all this. First, before Chris went to his appointment, a group of wonderful friends came to pray over Chris. It was a beautiful time of intercession, next several ladies stayed with me almost all day and we prayed in earnest for Chris. And then today, I received a call from a team here in town that want to come and pray over Chris and John for healing. And then later I got a call from one the young people who has been part of our "family" Brooke, she and many of Chris's friends want to do a fast and prayer for Chris tomorrow. I am so humbled that these amazing young people know just where to go on behalf of their brother, to the throne room.

And what is most amazing for me is that in the midst of all this, I do feel the peace of God. I know that Chris and John have a destiny of service to God and that the enemy can not intercept that. So we continue to trust, trust because God is our hope...

~ Dawn

5 comments:

Kim said...

wow, you and your family continue to amaze me and God is good. I praise Him for the good news and hurt for the hard stuff but BELIEVE that our God is big and strong enough to heal these men who He has set apart for His work. Your family brings Him much glory and I am thankful to be impacted by it. Praying with you and for you.

Anonymous said...

WE are of course very sad with the outcome of botn tests (scans) on John and Chris...We continue to pray that the good Lord will watch over them and you! Your strength and faith continue to amaze us.
We send our enduring love to all...
Sue and Chuck ("Miss Sue" and Dad)

Anonymous said...

My Dear Sister,

You have so much strength. You and your family are truly inspirational for what you are going through. Stay strong. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you.

Stephanie!

Anonymous said...

Our dear Dawn and your family, your Dad and I are so saddened by the news about John and Chris. We ask why? and it reminds me of what Logan said."Just run to him" Just know we love you and you are still our little girl. Mom and Dad

Anonymous said...

Sorry to read of the continued challenges your family faces. Our prayers are with you.

Keyes Family