We are the Champions

Welcome to our blog...we hope our journey of faith encourages yours.

Monday, May 07, 2007

Walking

Ok, so today John is having his chemotherapy. After getting him settled I had to come back home to pick up something that belongs to CBCC, I decided to stop on the way back to get John some bagels and Jamba Juice. All was going well until I went to park the car (mommy car van) for the Jamba Juice, suddenly the car would not steer. Dead steering. I had just had the steering fixed so that made no sense. I shut the car off and restarted thinking maybe it would change it's mind and would work. Nope, nada. Well I was stuck, what to do? I called John and announced "we have a problem", then I tried to call a couple of friends to see if they could come and take me home to get the other car, the one that works, the one that always works because it is a much nicer car. No bitterness. Anyway of course no one was home. So off I started walking, it is a long way from the Market Place to my house. But I did have some observations along the way.
1. I am really out of shape.
2. I do not know enough people, otherwise I could have found a ride.
3. I do not know enough people, otherwise I would have seen someone I know while walking who could have given me a ride.
4. There are great shade trees along Ming, I needed them, it was getting hot
5. It is a long way from the Market Place to my house.
6. There are shoes good for walking, I did not have them on.
7. Seven Oaks golf course is very pretty
8. Purses full of junk get heavy, mine was killing my shoulder.

After I got home and got the car that never would think of breaking down, it is far to sophisticated for that. I decided to time the trip. It took me an hour to walk to my house and 8 minutes to drive back to the Market Place. You know what? It is a long ways from the Market Place to my house when you are walking.

6 comments:

Cyndi said...

Aw, poor Dawn. I would have given you a ride. That IS a LONG walk.

Anonymous said...

What a sense of humor you have. Made me smile. Funny you had car trouble...so did I this weekend, but I did not take it nearly as well as you did. Glad to hear things are going ok. Love you! Your sister. Steph!

Kim said...

Sorry you couldn't get a ride but if you did you would not have had such a great story. :)

MJ said...

so i totally saw the van at the marketplace monday night, actually we parked right next to it and went to Baja. I was wondering why i hadn't seen anyone come out of jamba/starbucks/blockbuster/togo's because they all are relatively quick stops. now i know.

-MJ-

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn, finally got to view your site. It is wonderful! love your story on walking...Hey did you lose my cell number? In case you need me...332-3605 anytime. Chris looks so handsome in his suit. I haven't seen him since that evening at the Stockdale school play. Love always Helen.

Anonymous said...

i nearly had something similar to that happen as well. i almost had to walk home from downtown! sucky. but i figured it out. haha. much love and ill call you today. - dan